- Many events that happen in Regina are won through a bidding process against other cities, nationally and internationally – I won 35 of 36 events for Regina that I assisted through the bid process.
- In 3 years, I helped raise over $3,000,000 in funding for events in Regina.
- Received a Grey Cup ring and was inducted into the Saskatchewan Roughriders Plaza of Honor with the 2007 Saskatchewan Roughriders Grey Cup Champion team because of my administration role of Marketing and Community Relations Coordinator.
- Knowing all the words to the songs American Pie. And Whoop There it is.
- My 2 beautiful babies. (I guess I should have put that one first….)
Companies You’ve Worked With
- Saskatchewan Roughriders – April 2005 – May 2008
- Tourism Regina – May 2008 – Feb 2014
- 2013 Juno Awards Board of Directors
- 2013 Canadian Boxing Elite National Championships Host Committee
- Member of the Mosaic Stadium Concert Planning Committee for Rolling Stones, AC/DC and Aerosmith
- Bachelor of Kinesiology: Double major of Sport & Recreation Administration and Adapted Physical Activities. University of Regina – Graduated Class of 2006.
- Diploma of Physical Education – Mount Royal College 1998
- Certificate of Professional Project Management – University of Regina, 2013
Relaxing. Drinking wine. Travelling. Eating. Are those consider hobbies??? I guess I am kinda sporty too. I play a ton of volleyball in the winter and beach volleyball in the summer. And love being outdoors – running, walking, boating, swimming, hiking, fishing, golfing, etc).
Favourite Super Hero
The Black Widow from the Avengers’ series. She can do it all! Wickedly smart (for good, not evil), amazingly acrobatic, she defies aging and sickness, and is an expert tactician and strategist. Plus she is a total babe and has a very slick costume. No cape. I think capes on super heroes are completely disadvantageous and would only get in the way.
I just finished reading “The 100-Year Old Man Who Climbed out the Window and Disappeared” by Jonas Jonasson. It made me hope that when I am 100 years old, I can look back and say, life was pretty decent – I did some interesting things and I met some great people along the way.
Probably Beast of Burden. Or Hurts So Good. Or any type of deadly 80’s rock ballad.
Most Inspirational Person You Know
All the strong, beautiful women out there that make hard choices every day to ensure they are making their children, partners and companies successful.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t slow down and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris Bueller.
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. – Katharine Hepburn.
Anything You Want To Add?
I am likely one of the most competitive people I have ever met – I can turn anything into a challenge and accept almost any challenge. And I love winning. I also believe that we should be teaching the next generation that winning DOES matter – and that although it might not be the most important thing in sport and life, losing graciously can only be learned if you strive to be the best.