Managing Operations for the 2010 International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship I played a significant role in helping achieve a profit of $15 million and an economic impact of $86 million to the province making the 2010 IIHF WJC was the most successful ever.
As the Director of Operations for Grey Cup 2007 in Toronto I supervised and directed the implementation of all aspects of a 5-day festival encompassing over 50 individual events, 5 major venues and two street festivals. While effectively maintaining a $15 million budget, this event went on to make a profit of $5 million, the largest profit in the events history.
Companies you worked with:
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Football Club, Regina
- Canadian Football League, Toronto
- Ottawa Renegades Football Club, Ottawa
- Arnoldi Watters Inc, Toronto
- Vision Group, Toronto
- Sask Sport Inc./KidSportTM Saskatchewan, Regina
- Hockey Canada/2010 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship, Regina
- Olympics 2010/Saskatchewan Pavilion, Vancouver
- KidSportTM Regina Board Member (2009-Present)
- PW Classic Golf Tournament for Parkinson’s Research assisted organizers with many facets of the day including silent auction, registration, prize collection for auction, raffles, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Vanier Cup Committee (2001) assisting in the organization and implementation of the volunteers and ancillary events surrounding the game
- Canadian Football Hall of Fame Committee (1999 – 2002) assisting in the organization of all facets of the Induction Dinner including the Silent Auction, travel arrangements and budget decisions
- Saskatchewan Roughrider Women’s Night (1997-1998) planned and executed all facets of the evening
- Saskatchewan Roughrider Ticket-A-Thon (1997) assisted in the organization of the overall event
- Grey Cup 1995 Committee (1994-1995) acted as a liaison between the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club and the committee, responsible for overseeing all ticket areas, managed all areas of Club ’95, assisted with organization of Champions Breakfast and volunteers
- Saskatchewan Roughrider Plaza of Honor Dinner (1992-1998) assisted in the organization of the Silent Auction, travel arrangements, volunteers and table assignments.
Predator – Patricia Cornwell
Favourite cartoon character:
What Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
Most inspirational person I know:
Tie between my parents
My parents have been the best possible role models a person could ask for. They are hard working, well respected, strong, community minded and the first to jump in to help in any situation. They have provided me with some fantastic experiences and tremendous life lessons.
As well, I like to take a little something, good or bad, from every person who has crossed my path. I have been fortunate to have some great positive influences in my life and am very thankful for that.
Here are a couple of my favs …
- Shoot for the moon … even if you miss you’ll land among the stars!
- Obstacles provide the opportunity to stretch the limits of your creativity.
- Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
- When you see boundaries as opportunities, the world becomes a limitless place.